Cool Stuff from our Sponsors
“Pharmaceutical Outsourcing, Discovery and Preclinical Services” – New book edited by San Diego’s own Rita Lim and Bill Stevens.
Virtual Office Space – from Intelligent Office. Located near UTC. Get a professional office space as you need it.
Jansen Labs Incubator inside of J&J. Lab space with access to lots of core equipment.
Life Sciences Core Facilities (available to public)
- UCSD Core Bio stockroom pickup, liquid N2 storage, (add 45% markup to catalog prices for nonUCSD). Just take credit card over.
- UCSD Light Microscope Core – unclear if offcampus can use?
- UCSD Protein Sequencing Core – $45+$46/residue (min 5 residues)=$275
- Scripps Flow Cytometry Core -
- TSRI Peptide/Nucleotide Core -
- TSRI Microscopy Core
- TSRI Cell screening core (includes cDNA libraries)
- TSRI Mass Spectrometry
- TSRI Protein Core – including protein sequencing and arrays
- TSRI Mouse Behavioral Assessment Core
- Murine Genetics Core - transgenic and KO mice
- Burnham shared resources; Cell Imaging
- LJ Bioengineering Core Facilities – spectrophotometer, fluorescence scopes
- Grants.gov – forms etc
- SBIR Gateway
- eRA Commons
- Standard NIH Submission Deadlines (all grant types)
- NIH SBIR homepage (deadlines 4/5; 8/5; 12/5)
- NCI SBIR homepage
- SBIR Contract opportunities for therapeutics,
- SBIR Review Criteria
- SBIR Award Data
- REPORT- NIH awarded grants database.
- RePORTER – NIH Funded Grant Database; award amounts are burried here, but sometime will be linked to CRISP
- NIH Payline resources
- NIH SBIR Study Section Rosters
- New scoring system (2009) & Web Site Guidance to NIH Reviewers
- Specific guidance for SBIR Reviewers
- SBIR Grant Instructions – in PDF format
- Electronic Submission Help
Secondary Equipment Vendors & Repair
Interlab Services – Specializes in fixing centrifuges. According to our sources, John knows his stuff.
www.labx.com – sort of like Amazon.com, marketplace for used equipment. Good for competitive quotes
www.biosurplus.com -local, down in Sorrento Valley. They get lots of stuff so choose carefully.
www.labtrader.com – Vista. Dexter has lot’s of high quality inventory.
Grizzley Analytical – South SF
The Biostor – smaller store down in Sorrento Valley. Stop by and say hello to Mike. Nice place to shop a bit and learn what’s available.
ebay – You’d be amazed what you can find on Ebay. Equipment, microtiter plates, almost anything. Normal warnings about Ebay buying apply.
Biodirect; Dovebid; Equipnet; Harlow Scientific – Big online auction houses. Stuff could be anywhere in the world.
Nova Biotech (Joe Melcher, El Cajon) specializes in spectrophotometers & PCR. but other stuff too.
Scientific Equipment Repair – Bay area, but lots of good higher end stuff.
BioServ – Mira Mesa, recommended by several people for centrifuge repair, but sell and repair a variety of equipment.
Please leave additions and corrections in the comments section and we will incorporate them here
If you would like to be listed on this page please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.